With the update in the Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM) in 2015, SHE Knows...
Many businesses have in-house competence to manage their health and safety risks and do not need to use health and safety consultants. Other employers, however, may opt to train up personnel to reach a recognised standard; this can be through a SHE Knows delivered IOSH Managing Safely or CITB Construction Site Managers Course or the NEBOSH L3 or City and Guilds NVQ Certificates to create a low level health and safety advisor. Training can be delivered in house at your premises/site or at our training centre. Or an external venue can be organised for distance or international customers.
Whichever the option, by educating your own staff you can start to reduce the potential for costs through accidents at work (lost time and negligence claims) or even costly interventions (£129 per hour through the Fee For Intervention legislation) by the HSE.
Our Trainers and Associate trainers deliver courses that are approved/accredited by the following Awarding Bodies:
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH)
- City & Guilds
- Chartered Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG)
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board, (ECITB)
SHE Knows Practitioners are members of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) and our local Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to see information on the latest courses in our Course Diary – View our Course Diary Here
First Aid Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work, including defibrillator use – 1 day
- Paediatric First Aid Course – 2 day – for carers of children.
- First Aid at Work Course, including defibrillator use – 3 day
- First Aid at Work requalification course, including defibrillator use -1/2 day- to update your first aid qualification every year
IOSH Accredited Courses
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in Working safely the essentials of health and safety. This one-day course meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training.
Managing safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any Managing safely organisation. This three/four-day course is designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need in their workplace.
NEBOSH Accredited Courses
NEBOSH General What kind of people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate?
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. This certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
NEBOSH Construction What kind of people take the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate?
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM coordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. This qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary built workplaces are a feature of their activities.
NEBOSH Fire What kind of people take the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management?
Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation. Courses leading to this qualification should equip holders to carry out fire risk assessments of most low risk workplaces and identify the range of fire protective and preventative measures required. It is therefore also suitable for people moving into fire safety adviser roles.
PASMA Accredited training for Mobile towers
Working in partnership with other providers we can organise this training for you on your premises or for you to attend an open course.
IPAF Accredited Training
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) courses
- Harness Use and Inspection (H)
- Loading/Unloading (LOAD)
- MEWPs for Managers (MM)
- Telehandler Platform – Integrated (TPI)
Health and Safety Courses
SHE Knows offers a variety of courses. These include
- Construction, Design & Management (CDM) Course – 1 day – Bespoke – explaining your duties as a Principal Designer, Contractor or Client.
- Fire Safety – Duties of a fire warden and fire extinguisher use with our live fire simulator.
- Confined Space Entry/Escape (CSE) – use of winches and escape sets, top or side entry activities into our confined space simulator, using escape sets or your own BA kit, duties of the entry team, permit issuers and “top man” guardians working in and around a confined space.
- Asbestos Awareness- 1/2 Day course suggested as a ‘MUST’ to all construction related trades undergoing the CHAS approval process.
- Face Fit Testing – a legal requirement for employees wearing dust masks. Bring your own mask, be clean shaved and we will undertake a face fit test for you, issuing a certificate to evidence training has been given.
- Harness Awareness-
- Harness Awareness – Learn how to choose a suitable harness, inspect and don it. A training “must” for those working at height.
National Vocational Qualifications in Health and Safety. (NVQs)
- Accredited by City & Guilds NVQ’s are achieved in your workplace. You will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence listed in our workbook. SHE Knows offers NVQ’s in Health and Safety at Certificate level 3 and Diploma Level 5.
- For further information on our NVQ delivery click on the NVQ link in the menu on the right or email email@example.com